Friday 13 July 2012

I Has Tomato

I really hate the cutsey way I wrote the title, but it expresses how excited I am that today, Friday July 13, I spotted my first little tomato beginning to form on the plants growing on my front porch.  There have been flowers for a while, although I'm a little concerned at how few.  In 102 degree humidex I watered today at 1:45.  Not the best time of day, but if I don't do it when I think of it, I forget and it doesn't get done.  I still need to fertilize.  I can't wait to have 'real' tomatoes after a number of years without because of my inability to garden anymore.  Now I've got to see if I can figure out some method of training the cucumber up so they have space to grow.  I think there is twine in the garage, but I'm not sure I'm brave enough to go there -- although my trek earlier has come to fruition in the large plants on the porch.  I'm also to chicken to go out in this heat to go to the store.  Maybe I'll go Monday after I see Mary Linda,, 'cuz I'll be out of the house anyway.

Speaking of the medical profession -- why are they allowed to get away with behaviour that would get anyone else reprimanded, if not fired?  Three weeks after one doctor says take a new medicine I finally get it because the other doctor went on vacation withiut oking it.  And I was made to feel as if I was impossing on them when I called to ask about it.  And I didn't call on their first day back either.  Irresponsible, in my opinion.

But -- I has tomato!

No comments:

Post a Comment