Friday 13 July 2012

Sleeping Cats

After I returned from Mixed Minded in May my cats were delighted to see me.  I was uncomfortable leaving them alone for three nights, but I left them plenty of food and water, and Pam looked in on them.  Nevertheless, after an initial aloofness when I first came in the door -- I eventually had to go find Kia and carry her downstairs, which she disliked intensely -- the cats followed me around like puppies.  They wouldn't let me out of their sight.  We had frquent meetings in the bathroom' which isn't that unusual as they seem to like to visit with me in the smallest room in the house.

How I loved this behaviour.  Admittedly, Kaliko almost tripped me a couple of times.  She likes to walk in front of me on the way to the kitchen, or back, and looks over her shoulder to ensure I am coming.  So adorable.  But the best part was they spent every night sleeping with me in my bedroom.  Kia snoozing in her corner at the foot of the bed, and Kaliko on 'her' chair by the closet.  I love having my kitties with me at night, and this is the time I most miss Kritter, because he used to spend every night on the pillow beside me.  Sigh.

Alas, the sleeping behaviour didn't last.  They are used to me being here again and now go off to their kitty sleeping places, whichmI think are upstairs on the blanket on the couch.  I guess you can't have everything.  But I did appreciate it when I had it.

They do spend a lot of their time with me and right now are supervising me with their eyes shut at the foot of the bed.  I love my kitties.

And on a totally unrelated note, am I glad I didn't go out today, as it is now thundering and I hope raining.  It does pay to water your plants midday.

No comments:

Post a Comment