Saturday 1 November 2014

Diva 191: Betweed

This week's assignment from I am the Diva is to draw a monotangle using Betweed.

I'm quite late posting because it has been a difficult week in Canada.  We -- I,  have gone from outrage, to pride, to intense sorrow at having to bury a hometown boy.  (Here's a reference if you don't know what I'm talking about.)  I haven't felt much like creating art and it was difficult to know how much to include in this post, as this should be a place of art, not politics or world affairs.  I've written this post half a dozen times, from saying nothing, to pictures.  But I won't be visiting everyone's site this week, as I usually do, which needed some explanation.  Please forgive the lack of comments. 

 Still, we must continue life as usual or else the bad guys win.  So here is my rather lackluster Betweed monotangle:


7 comments:

  1. kia - this is your blog and you should post anything you wish. i've been praying for your country and for healing. this tragedy affected us all, even here in the United States. i grew up in newfoundland and i've been gone for a long, long time but this act of terrorism still made me sit down and start praying. i posted about it on my blog because i just couldn't 'art' that day.

    your betweed is not lackluster - hahahaha! it looks awesome! i really like how you made the columns with the highlighting - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you've had to go through the emotional trauma the events of this week have brought your way. Our hopes and prayers go out to you, your family, town and country.

    Your Challenge tile is great. Love your shading and your Betweed tanglations. Great line weighting. Thanks for submitting a response this week. We appreciate you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Betweed tile is lovely and I'm glad you made it to sit and tangle; hope it brought you some zen.
    All over the world (I live in the Netherlands) we have seen this tragedy and are shocked. As we are shocked a lot these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is so much pain in this world. I have many Canadian friends, so I have kept up with the awful events we all are dealing with. Sad and frightening times, but you are right in saying that we can't give up. Your tile has a simple beauty to it, like a flower. Chin up, we must and will move forward.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that tangling brought you a bit of peace this week. You can't let the bad guys win! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful tangle. Your shading makes it look metallic - very clever. Great work

    ReplyDelete
  7. My prayers to you for hope and healing, Kia! It's hard to make sense out of senseless; leaves the rest of us baffled. But in art there is profound depth. And healing. WIth love, c

    ReplyDelete