Wednesday 18 February 2015

I am the Diva 205: Chinese New Year Sheep

Hello Folks,

I haven't been feeling very creative lately and have missed a few challenges.  I fell in the snow (am doing ok now) and I hate this extreme cold with a passion.  It's all very depressing.

But enough of that.  This is my attempt to get back into the swing of things.  The Diva (of I am the Diva ) has reminded us that it is Chinese New Year Thursday and asked us to use this as our prompt.  I decided to use the year of the sheep (instead of the goat) mostly because for some odd reason I think sheep are adorable (even though I'm allergic to wool).  I've made a zia, using the tangle bunyip. (I borrowed the sheep from google.)  My Chinese character is pretty lame, but seems to be the one for sheep rather than that for goat - I think - I'm mostly going on  pictures from google, so this could really be anything!



 
 
 
She's sepia, mostly because that's the pen I grabbed by mistake.  But I had to include this next picture because for reasons beyond my ken, some people dye their sheep multi-colours.
 
 
 






I'm sure the dye is non-toxic.  I actually read somewhere that one farmer did this to entertain drivers as they drove by his farm.  Seems more of a dangerous distraction to me.  But it's a bit of welcome colour in an otherwise dreary February.

9 comments:

  1. Your tile is very cute, must have been fun to draw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sepia sheep look very cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and cute sheep! Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you on the weather. In fact, if you read my blog post in response to this week's challenge, you'll find that it is very weather obsessed. Today's predicted low for Philadelphia is 1 degree F.---not counting the wind chill. I've about had it with the polar vortex. No worries about choosing the sheep. From what I read, the Chinese character for sheep and goat is the same. Your sheep looks immensely cheerful (to one suffering from SAD like I am) and I love the photo of the colored sheep. I'd pull over to take a photo---hopefully, in a controlled, safe manner. Happy Lunar New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute sheep you have in your Tile, KIA. Bunyip is the perfect pattern to use. So well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the tile and bunyip is perfect for the wool! The character is the same whether for sheep, goat, or ram. That's why there is so much confusion about it lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very cute sheep! When I saw the dyed ones I remembered one of my favorite "installation art" projects...someone painted a different word on the back of each of the sheep in a flock, then sat on a hillside looking down on them and wrote poems from the words formed by the sheep. Hope your feeling better. Keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your sheep, and also love the colored ones in the photo. Reminds me of the doggy parades with the dyed poodles! I do think sheep are certainly more cuddly than goats (smelly and often surly). I read that the Chinese word for the animal is sort of non-specific, referencing the horns more than the actual species, so your sheep is great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute cute cute. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete