Monday 12 September 2016

Every Inchie Monday: Sky

Hello Folks,

I found two references to sky (this week's word for Every Inchie Monday) in this part of the book Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy.  Believe me - it was not easy.  The first is to the song Eddie sings -  "When you walk through the storm, hold your head up high....At the end of the storm is a golden sky" and the sweet silver song of the Lark (if memory serves).  This is the same song the word rain came from.  [chapter 17]

A little bit farther back in the book [chapter 16], The Heart of Gold is descending towards Magarathea  where "the suns now stood high in the black sky, the pyrotechnics of dawn were over, and the surface of the planet appeared bleak and forbidding...."

There may be another reference farther along in the book, but I couldn't find it.

When I was growing up, my father had me totally convinced that there was another colour called sky-blue-pink.  It was a sort of family joke and is very descriptive of the sky at sunrise or sunset:






Quilling skies are hard to do - so this time I have a bird flying in the blue sky with the sun, (or moon - it is a white button) in the corner.




Hope you all get the chance to see a sky-blue-pink sky this week.  They are truly beautiful and for me bring back such warm memories of my dad.



Lately I've been into crocheting amigurumi - small crocheted creatures.  They can be people, animals, fantasy, plants, inanimate objects - anything you can think of.  Here are a few of my early creations.  Most of them are for friends or family.





 Teal hungry hungry hippo with my helper.  She is eating cat food - mostly because this was the first one I made and I hadn't figured out yet how to make a heavy head stand up.





Squirrel with acorn.







Koala with green bow tie and fuzzy ears.






Purple variegated elephant.


More to come later as I get them all photographed.

8 comments:

  1. love the sky-blue-pink color, how adorable. I do love the quilled inchie, such a great take on it. But the crocheted amuguri are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A most wonderful blue-pink sky! I just love them :-) but there are never enough of them in my life....those little animals you've crocheted are so cute...I love the squirrel to bits!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful sky blue pink sky. We get sunsets like that all the time here in Arizona. Cute little quilled bird inchie as well. I love your amigurumi, especially that elephant. I love the look on your cat's face!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful inchie and great photographs , My daughter is also crocheting those sort of animals.She has done the hedgehog and the reindeer so far

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful inchie and great photographs , My daughter is also crocheting those sort of animals.She has done the hedgehog and the reindeer so far

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute little animals - I've seen them but never tried one. Love your inchies - beautiful sky colours but as ever great to actually hear the reference of where sky is in the HHGTTG.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both of your inchie. Don't know which one I like more. The first one has so beautiful colores the other one has this little cute bird under the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous inchie, and I love the animals. I used to make them for my kids a hundred years ago.

    ReplyDelete