Tuesday 29 March 2016

Every Inchie Monday: Peanuts

Hello Folks,

Everyone who has read The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy knows that peanuts (this week's word at Every Inchie Monday) are an essential food for travelling in outer space.  But like a lot of others, I chose to go the comic strip route -- I mean is there anyone who can resist Snoopy and Woodstock?  Even my 90 year old grandmother, in her tiny apartment, had a stuffed Snoopy dog she held as very precious.







I did try to quill an actual peanut in the shell:




Hope everyone who celebrates Easter had a happy one.  See you all  next week.




5 comments:

  1. love the comments about your grandmother, you are right everyone has something of the peanuts gang that we or a loved one has held dear. I love the quilled one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two great inches, Snoopy looks very relaxed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The peanuts crowd have always been a favourite of mine. Loving your quilled version for thus week :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're around to keep us on track as to what all this stuff means to the story. I just read it and I don't remember the nuts--won't forget my towel, though! Great work. I really enjoy seeing your quilling, this one would baffle the best. Have a brilliant day! Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ford buys peanuts with the beer at the pub before they de-planet. I believe he has them in hi pocket later on

      Delete