Tuesday 12 August 2014

I am the Diva challenge # 180: MacDee

This is a 'use my tangle (UMT)' week at I am the Diva .  The tangle chosen for us to use is called MacDee by Anneke Van Dam.  I adore this particular tangle, probably because it reminds me of my Scottish heritage (I have 3 Scottish grandparents , and 1 Irish).  To honour my grandparents even more, I first did a little ZIA using a Scottie dog (or more correctly a Scottish Terrier). 



 

The colours used are purple and green, the colours of Scottish thistles, and heather.

(edit)  I had to darken the green and rescan the Scottie to get a better idea of the colours. 


I've been wanting to try Aquafleur for a while now.  Other people seem to make it look so beautiful and three dimensional.  I don't think I've quite achieved what I was going for, but it is my first attempt.    (For some reason the green shows up better here.)


 


(edit)  My tiles are a little simple this week, especially after I looked at other people's work.  Oh well, maybe I will try again.
 

24 comments:

  1. I like them and there is great shading in both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Scottie is soooo cute! And I like your tile with the colored MacDee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Cute Scottie tile! Your aquafluer looks nice on the background of McDee too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two wonderful MacDee Tiles. Great Scottie. I like your use of color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. np wonder that your work with macdee. looks good with so much scottisch blood in your vanes :), Well done

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! I like the colors and the Scottie is so sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice tiles and i like the color in Mac Dee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice - I really like the diagonal pattern on the Scottie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Scottie made me smile. What a cutie he is. And, your Aquafleur is really well done too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww that Scottie - what a great idea! Beautiful effects on the second tile.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Scottish Terrier is so nice, I mean both tiles are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That Scottie is cute! It's different again than using it as a background. As a first attempt you did great on Aquafleur. Very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yes, it was love at first sight with your Scottie! Lovely idea to honour your grandparents this way!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So lovely tile! Especially I like your Scottish dog ... made me smile! Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aye, your wee McScottie is pure dead brilliant, lass!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice use of the tangle. I guess that a tartan pattern would be appropriate for a Scottish terrier. Your Aquafleur looks good. Getting perspective can be a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kia, your little Scottie is so adorable!! How perfect! Love the way you used this tangle!! :0) Share Humanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ps, thanks for the message on my blog! :0)

      Delete
  19. Your tiles aren't simple, they are great! And I love the idea of the scottish dog ♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. hahaha! i love your little scottie!!!! perfect tangle for him :)

    ReplyDelete