Saturday 30 August 2014

stripes; string 55; y


This week is full of different types of stripes and I seem to have gone a bit overboard with them.

First up is a rather strange entry into The Diva's  challenge #182: stripes.  I drew some disappearing strips (the pattern ohoho) and gave them stripes.  It got away from me a bit and became not quite regulation size, so let's call it a ZIA.  (Be grateful I am not subjecting you to any of the other 3 or 4 striped tangles I did.)

 
                           patterns:  barber pole; esses, metal plate, stripes and
                                                 jessicup  and two I don't know the names of.  The
                                                 holes are a  pattern called ohoho



Next up is It's a String Thing  from Tickled to Tangle.  This week's task was to use string #55 and the pattern Stripes  with a sparkle.  Not particularly pleased with this one, but didn't feel like redoing it with all that black ink.



Next is Artful Creations Tackle it Tuesdays.  This week's letter is Y.  Wonder what we are going to do when we run out of the alphabet?  Again, I'm not overly pleased  This is my first semi-successful use of the pattern yful-power, so I decided  to go with my first effort, using the letter y as a string.

                                                
                                                           patterns:  yuan, yful-power, yang


Have a safe and happy last long weekend of the summer, if it applies to you.

8 comments:

  1. Your tiles are pretty. Love the holy pattern for the stripes and I like how you used Yuan to outline the Y. I think if you you look at your tiles later in the week you will be pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stripes are beautiful and so is the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did a great job. I like them all. I like the Ohoho pattern. It is always fun to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty tangles! I love the one with Y-patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like all your tiles, especially the "Y" one. I agree Yful Power is not the easiest, and yours looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stripes is most interesting. I kept looking at it, until I realized it has an "Escher" effect - where you can't be sure what's up and what's down. Great ZIA !

    I would love to see the other stripes as well

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of your entries are wonderful! I would never have guessed that you ever struggled with y-ful power... Beautifully drawn!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the idea of stripes in curves. Well done, and it reminded me of snakes as they weave in and out of the paper.

    ReplyDelete