Tuesday, 2 September 2014

#183 Diva Challenge: UMT X-Did

Hello Fellow Tanglers,

I love Annette Carlo's artwork.  I was so excited to see her pattern as this week's UMT on I am the Diva .  Her tangles are always wonderful and her inchies are fabulous.  (If you get here Annette, I couldn't post a comment on your blog again.  Your Vitruvian Man is inspired for the word Renaissance and your drawing is great.)

But I found this tangle difficult to get my brain and fingers around for some reason.  I think I just need more practice but let's blame the rain.  It definitely rained on my parade today.  Just as I was going out the door it started to pour, so being the wimp that I am, I promptly turned around and went back inside.  (I hate maneuvering my four foot scooter in and out of the van in a deluge.  It's not fun and I always end up drenched.)

So I decided to get outside that 3.5 inch square box and remind myself that where there is rain, there is also rainbows. 




To do Annette's pattern the justice it deserves, I may post another after I practise a bit more.  Happy tangling.

21 comments:

  1. Kia, this is beautiful!!! I think you did this tangle more than justice!!! Yours and the other tiles that I have seen so far, lend to such different depiction of 'X-DID'! You are such a sweet heart, thank you for all your comments!! ( I sure wish I was more computer savvy to know why the comment area is not working on my blog) When you use the google + I do always get your messages though. I sure wish you can send some of that rain my way. We have had nothing but 'HOT' weather here, Yuk, I'm done with it!!! Have a great rest of the week, and enjoy your rainbows!!! :0) Annette Share Humanity

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your iteration of X-Did. You achieved more of what I was thinking than I did! Back to the drawing board! Tangle on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved how you incorporated colours in your ZIA ..and your rain+rainbows reminder is very apt as we are having a huge thunderstorm here in Singapore :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have given me all sorts of ideas for using this pattern. I like your use of colour and it was a clever idea to use Rain as the additional pattern, like it lots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you assembled the X-did components, head to head, and on a curve as well. Lots of fun colors. I like the Msst pattern giving encouragement to the Rain pattern. Great Tile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful done and very colorful. Nice! ;-)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sure turned out very pretty and I love the rainbow idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So simple so beautiful. I like the quote you made to it (rain and rainbow stuff) You did a great job on this challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this one!! The rainbows and the rain are so wonderful!! I had a hard time with this tangle :)

    ~ Diane Clancy
    http://www.dianeclancy.com/blog/2014/09/diva-x-did-challenge-entry

    ReplyDelete
  10. Creative. The way you did them remind me of masks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So lovely and original! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great tile. Reminds me of a colorful , joyful carnival :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful, colorful version of X-Did! LOVELY!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh, that's cool, very lovely rainbow colors

    ReplyDelete
  15. I find some weeks are harder than others, too. The important thing is to give yourself a break. I like your happy colors in this one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Kia-what a gorgeous tile! Very creative and the colors are wonderful. X-Did is perfect and so is your interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Definitely a nice rainbow :)

    ReplyDelete